Join Our Club/Renew Your Membership
IBDC is a geographical club of the San Diego Democratic Party. As a member, you have a voice and a vote for our local area. Why join IBDC? We aim to make a difference in our community and you can become as involved as you want to be. We address issues within Imperial Beach, San Diego County and the great State of California. Stay informed and let your voice be heard! LIKE our Facebook Page
Current members have until Jan. 31 to renew their membership and remain a member in good standing for 2020. Get a jump on it and renew now!
March 3 California Primary
The California primary is upon us and will take place on March 3, 2020. Please refer to your Sample Ballot and Voter Information Pamphlet that has or will arrive in the mail to locate your polling place. MOST have changed since the last elections.
To find candidates endorsed by the SD County Democratic Party CLICK HERE.
LOCAL IB ELECTIONS will not take place until November 2020. But this Primary MATTERS! We encourage you to vote, whether by mail-in ballot or at the polls. Review the dates below. Change is built from the bottom up. Your vote counts.
REMEMBER THESE IMPORTANT DATES:
|Vote-By-Mail Ballot Mailing Period||Feb 3 - Feb 25, 2020|
|Last Day to Register to Vote||Feb 18, 2020|
|New Citizen (sworn in after February 17, 2020) Voter Registration Period||Feb 18 - Mar 3, 2020|
|Last Day to Request Vote-By-Mail Ballot||Feb 25, 2020|
|Election Day (7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)||Mar 3, 2020|
|Last Day to Receive Vote-By-Mail Ballot Postmarked No Later Than March 3, 2020||Mar 6, 2020|
The San Diego County Democratic Party is the official organization for Democrats in the fifth-largest county in the U.S. With more than 60,000 members, we represent the second-largest community of Democrats in California. As the local embodiment of "America's Majority Party" for voters and candidates alike, we advance our goals through several ongoing programs.
- VOTER REGISTRATION. Throughout the year, in every community of San Diego County, we're signing up new Democrats to vote. Thanks to our efforts in 2008, Democrats now outnumber Republicans in the county for the first time in a generation.
- PRECINCT ORGANIZING. Our all-volunteer Grassroots Organizing Team reaches out to voters where they live, providing information on endorsed candidates and motivating our supporters to vote. That personal attention substantially increases turnout in the precincts we cover.
- CANDIDATE SUPPORT. We have a long-range plan to recruit, train, and support good Democratic candidates at all levels – including local offices like city councils, school boards, and special districts.
- COMMUNICATIONS. To build the Party and support Democratic campaigns, we proactively communicate our message through the media to both Democrats and the general public. We also build relationships with community allies to promote our shared values and priorities.
- FUNDRAISING & INFRASTRUCTURE. The resources to accomplish our goals come from our local supporters in San Diego County. We raise funds to keep our doors open, staff our office, help our candidates, and build an infrastructure to benefit all San Diego Democrats.
The best way to get involved is to register to vote. Allow your voice to be heard at the voting booth. Check your registration status, even if you are already registered. Read up on the laws regarding registration and party affiliation. And, get out the Vote!